Listen. Now is as good of a time as any other.
- Get those applications in.
- Update your profiles
- Polish those resumes
MANY will ask, few will apply
• All applicants will need to apply through www.southwest.com/careers.
• All applicants will need to create a profile and upload a resume. To make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible, applicants may do this at any time—even before the position itself is posted.
• To create a profile and upload a resume, applicants should visit www.southwest.com/careers and then follow the steps below:
- Click the yellow “apply now” button, and then select “Click here” to create a profile and connect with us through our Talent Communities.
- Once there, the applicant will need to enter an email address and click “Sign Up” (or create your profile using your Facebook, Google or LinkedIn information).
- Once on the“What are you interested in?” page, the applicant will need to scroll to the bottom of the page, and click “Continue” to upload their resume.
- Information from their resume will be uploaded, so they need to ensure all of their information is correct.
- Click “Submit Profile”
- A “Thank you for connecting with us!” message will appear on their screen, and they will receive an email confirming their submission.
• Once the position posts, applicants will then need to go to www.southwest.com/careers to apply for the job under the profile they have created.
• Applicants should keep their resume formatting basic and refrain from including a photo, which can prevent the system from reading it.
• If you have friends or family members who applied previously, they will need to reapply to be considered. Applicants who have interviewed by phone or in person and have not been selected for this position will need to wait one year from interview date to be eligible to apply.
What Happens Next?
• After completing the application process on Southwest.com, applicants will receive a confirmation email. Applicants who do not meet the requirements will be notified via email as well.
• Qualified applicants will be contacted for a phone interview in the order they apply. The length of this process will be determined by the volume of applicants who apply. We expect the phone interview process will continue through 2018.
• Successful phone interview applicants will be invited for a face-to-face interview.